With Open Beta finally upon us I think maybe it’s about time spnstoryfinders
was open for business!
To reiterate, the purpose of the comm is to help people locate fic that they have lost, or find fic on a particular theme - case fic, episode related, hurt/comfort etc. All genres and parings are welcome, as long as the fic relates to the CW show Supernatural or one of the show’s actors.
Please remember that the comm relies on YOU. For spnstoryfinders
to be a success here on DW it needs to be a true community, that means replying to requests when you spot someone looking for something you recognise or supplying recs, as well as making requests!
If you have used the comm on LJ you’ll probably have an idea of how things work, but a few rules just to help keep the comm organised and useful.
- LJ-cuts MUST be used for any explicit content AND spoilers. Try to be courteous to uses whose viewing schedule may be different to your own. Keep plot spoilers to a minimum. Anything relating to recent season 4 episodes and/or characters needs to go behind a cut. (help on LJ-cuts)
- Your post MUST have a relevant Subject in the Subject Line. This is so that people can use the archive/calender feature (which only shows the subject line) to search past posts.
- For your own benefit please specify if you are looking for wincest/J2, gen or het fic in your post.
- Please tag your post. If you can’t find a tag you feel is appropriate add a note to your post and I’ll create one.
- Please use proper English and punctuation - capital letters for the first word of a sentence, name, place, title, the letter 'I', apostrophes to show possession (Dean’s car) or contractions (won’t) and full stops/periods.
- Please proof read your post and use spell check.
- Once you have found the fic you are looking for please edit your post with either a link, or an ‘EDIT: found’. Please do not
strike your post through as it may be of interest to other comm users.
Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.
Thank you :)